Geetaz Bridal Guide
Be it natural and radiant, or glamorous and sophisticated, we can create the look of your dreams for your Wedding Day! Selecting the right professional for the job is imperative, and Geetaz brings that level of impeccable reputation and 27 years of artistry right to your doorstop.
Photos and memories are timeless, and for this reason, choosing your wedding day makeup is important. Geetaz offers Airbrush makeup using the professional brand Kett Cosmetics to give you the flawless, light-weight look for your big day.
HOW IT WORKS
Airbrush makeup has gained momentum in the bridal industry due to its ability to closely match the foundation to one’s skin and provide flawless, natural-looking coverage without sedimenting and creasing. In addition, it lasts longer than traditional makeup and can even be used to cover five o’ clock shadows for men. Airbrush makeup can be layered, shaded, highlighted and contoured. Application-wise, this technique is the most sanitary, since the artist does not require touching your skin. A great choice for those who need a good amount of coverage and want to counteract oily skin.
Traditional Makeup can be a great choice for those who require less coverage and have normal skin conditions. It can be altered for a simple or glamorous look for your big day. Some of the brands we use to apply Traditional makeup are: Mac, Estee Lauder, Bodyography Pro, Urban Decay, Sephora, along with other professional products.
BOOKING YOUR WEDDING HAIR & MAKEUP
STEP 1: CONSULTATION AND COLLECTION OF DETAILS
The first step to wedding Makeup and Hairstyling is a consultation. This is where we get to collect basic information about the wedding such as:
- Time to be ready by
- Makeup location address- if it is going to be at the salon, or at the location
- If it is going to be a wedding party we would like to know the number of people who will be getting their makeup, hair, Sarees and false eyelashes done.
- Makeup preference- weather you like Neutral, Conservative/Classic or Modern/Bold. If you have any bridal makeup pictures that you like please bring them along with you.
- Hairstyle preference- Bring a picture of your dress –front and back, and any hair accessory/extensions/piece you would like to wear on your wedding day. If you have any pictures of hair styles you love, it would be helpful to know.
Note: We highly encourage all brides to come ready with questions and refer to our portfolio to pick some of their favorite designs.
STEP 2: TRIAL
Now that you’ve had your consultation, given us wedding details, and narrowed down your favorite hair designs and makeup options, it’s time to book a trial. One of the biggest reasons that brides don’t end up with the hair/makeup artist of their choice is due to availability. In order to ensure that you don’t compromise on your wedding look, Geetaz would like to offer their best artist to the bride who books her date first. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you do not wait until the last minute and book your services way in advance.
On the day of your trial make sure to bring the following with you:
- Pictures of your dress- front and back
- Hair accessories you plan to wear: tiara, barrettes, veil, flowers, decorative hair pins etc.
- Pictures of inspirational makeup and hair style from magazines
- Photos of you in different settings wearing your day-to-day makeup and your evening makeup
- You can also e-mail us the pictures on email@example.com so that we know what your preferences are before you come for the trial and we can save on time.
- A camera
- Brides wearing colored wedding dress (i.e. Indian brides), please bring a piece of your outfit – a blouse, saree or dupatta for color match.
STEP 3: PRICING
Trials are $100. (Estimated time for makeup and hair trial: 2 hours). Includes:
- Foundation match
- Two variations of eye makeup and deciding on the final color combination and application.
- Finalizing blush/bronzer shades
- Designing two variations of hairstyle/up do and finalizing style for the wedding day.
- Trying out False eyelashes (optional), additional $20
- Finalizing on the Bridal saree/dress draping style
BRIDAL MAKEUP PLANNER
THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING...
- Schedule a hair and makeup consultation
- Thread your eyebrows for the desired shape for your wedding day
- Start your monthly facial treatments now to moisturize and brighten your skin. This will give a nice glow and clear your skin of any blemishes. This will also help keep your make up natural and light on the day of the wedding so it does not look cakey.
- Get a haircut keeping your bridal style in mind
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING…
- Schedule a hair and makeup trial
- Book your wedding day appointment
- Sign the contract
- Schedule your monthly facial
- Thread your eyebrows into shape
- Book appointments for yourself and bridal party for facials and eyebrows shaping for a week before the wedding date
- Book facials, haircuts and eyebrow shaping for groom and groomsmen
- If you plan to have facial hair from forehead, sideburns, upper lip, chin and cheeks removed with waxing or threading, now is a good time to schedule one service. If there are any skin sensitivity issues we should take care of it now.
- Waxing for you and members of the bridal party, of other areas of body like under arms, bikini, abdomen, back, legs and arms should be done once at this time. Some people develop a rash or acne after waxing therefore it is recommended that it should be tried in advance.
- Looking to try something new with haircolor, maybe a change of color or highlights, now is the time to do it.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE WEDDING…
- Schedule your monthly facial
- Get a haircut to freshen up the ends
- Thread your eyebrows into shape
- Get a warm oil scalp massage to relax and soothe yourself
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING…
- Get a Facial treatment
- Get your waxing
- Retouch your haircolor
- Get a hair treatment/hair mask /warm oil scalp massage
- Go over the wedding day schedule with hair and makeup artists.
ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING …
- Get enough rest the night before
- Trust your makeup artist and hair stylist
- Keep a straw with you to drink any beverages
- Keep a lipstick in your bag for retouch
EXPECTATIONS FROM BRIDE AND BRIDAL PARTY:
- An exclusive room with decent light, a chair for the bride and a table to put our styling tools and makeup supplies, a full length mirror and power outlets.
- Every one getting an up-do should wash their hair the night before and refrain from applying any product to their hair
- Everyone getting an up-do must wear button down shirt.
- Bride should have her dress, shoes, jewelry, accessories etc. in the room so that no time is wasted.